- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 large onion, halved and sliced
- 1 1⁄2 lbs Brussels sprouts, halved
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 dash salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium low heat; cook onions, stirring frequently, for about 20 minutes until tender and golden.
- Add brussels sprouts and 1/4 cup of water; increase heat to high, cover and cook for 5 minutes.
- Stir in maple syrup; cook, uncovered and stirring, for 5 to 10 minutes or until liquid has evaporated and brussels sprouts are tender and coated.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.