I got this recipe from my great grandmother years ago before she passed on. We make these a lot in the fall as the maple flavor reminds us of the leaves falling. We also add finely chopped pecans to give it a little crunch. Prep time does not include chill time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In large bowl combine sugars and butter; beat until light and fluffy.
- 2Add vanilla and egg; blend well.
- 3Lightly spoon flour into measuring cup; level off.
- 4Stir in flour until well blended.
- 5Divide dough into thirds; cover with plastic wraps.
- 6Heat oven to 375 degrees.
- 7In medium bowl, combine cookie dough and maple extract, blend well.
- 8Shape mixture into 1"; place 2" apart on ungreased cookie sheets.
- 9With glass dipped in sugar, flatten to about 1/4" thickness.
- 10Bake for 6-9 minutes.
- 11Cook cookies 1 minute before removing from cookie sheet.
- 12VARIATION: To make as cut out cookies.
- 13Chill dough in refrigerator for 15 minutes to harden and then roll out on lightly floured board.
- 14Roll out to 1/4" thickness and cut cookies accordingly.
- 15Bake for 6 to 9 minutes.
Browse Our Top Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Maple Brown Sugar Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (909 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 112.6
- Calories from Fat 48
- Total Fat 5.3 g
- Saturated Fat 3.3 g
- Cholesterol 19.4 mg
- Sodium 40.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 8.6 g
- Protein 1.1 g