Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a recipe that I found in a Martha Stewart magazine, and what a delightful breakfast it is!!
- 12 slices bacon
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt
- 2 cups low-fat buttermilk
- 1⁄2 cup pure maple syrup (plus more for serving)
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter
- Cook bacon in two batches n a large skillet over medium-low heat, turning occasionally, until crisp, 6-7 minutes. Drain bacon pn paper towels, then break into 3/4 - 1 inch pieces. Reserve drippings and wipe out skillet.
- Preheat oven to 200°F Whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a medium bowl. Whisk together buttermilk, syrup, eggs and butter. Add to flour mixture, and whisk until just combined. (batter will have lumps).
- Heat 1 teaspoons drippings in skillet over medium-low heat. For each pancake, arrange some of the bacon pieces in circle in the skillet. Slowly pour 1/3 cup batter over bacon, starting in center and moving outward in a swirling motion to prevent bacon from shifting. Cool until small bubbles form on surface, Flip, and cook until golden brown, Transfer pancakes to a baking sheet, and keep warm in oven. Repeat wih remaining bacon and batter. Serve with syrup.