Prep 20 mins
Cook 50 mins
like ice cream
Make and share this Manjarblanco De Cherimoya recipe from Food.com.
- 14 ounces sweetened condensed milk
- 12 ounces evaporated milk
- 2 large eggs, separated
- 1 large ripe custard apple, de-seeded and mashed
- cherries (to garnish) or plums (to garnish) or berries (to garnish)
- Combine milks and cook gently, stirring steadily over medium heat for about 20-30 minutes, until as thick as double cream and lightly caramelised.
- Leave to cool in a bowl.
- Beat the yolks into the mixture. Place bowl over pan of simmering water. Whisk until thickens to a custard - about 10 minute.
- Remove from heat. Whisk egg-whites and fold into mixture.
- Fold in custard apple pulp and serve.