Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Simple, but a lot of flavor. From "Sundays at Moosewood Restarurant" cookbook.
- 1 large perfectly ripe mango
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground cardamom
- maple syrup or other artificial sweetener
- chopped pistachios or mint (to garnish) (optional)
- Peel the mango and cut into cubes into a bowl.
- Mix in the yogurt and ground cardamom and sweeten to your taste.
- Refrigerate for about 30 minutes to allow flavors to blend.
- Serve in bowls with pistachio or mint as garnish, if desired.
MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM!!!!! This was so delicious, loved it so much. Had this with spicy cauliflower and rice. It was a battle betweeen the spicy cauliflower, the simple white rice and the sweet mango yogurt! Needless to say, the mango yogurt emerged the victorious winner! I was so lucky to have a mango around this afternoon and the minute my eyes fell upon it, I knew I HAD TO make this! I used maple syrup as a sweetener(half a tsp). Did not have pistachios at home to garnish, but all the same, I LOVED IT ABSOLUTELY! THANKS from the bottom of my heart for sharing such a simple but wonderful recipe.
This was an o.k. recipe. We used maple syrup to sweeten. It would be great for brunch, but we had it for dessert. The cardamom is very strong and a little bit overpowering. Perhaps pureeing the mango would give it a more uniform taste and texture. I think this is something that has to be your particular taste to really enjoy.
I used nonfat Greek yogurt, and about a quarter-cup less (I like the mix thick). It was fabulous!