Prep 0 mins
Cook 1 hr
This quick and easy recipe combines tropical and Mexican ingredients to produce a fresh, crisp salsa that is a great addition to lighter fare such as chicken or fish. Use as topping on yoghurt for a hot and cool but tasty summer dessert. As with all of my recipes calling for Habanero Peppers, you as chef, can substitute with any other type of peppers. For instance: If you only have jalapenos, then substitute. From "The Pepper Pantry: Habanero" by Dave DeWitt and Nancy Gerlach.
- 1 habanero pepper, deseeded and destemmed, minced
- 1 mango, finely diced
- 6 tomatillos, husks removed, finely diced
- 3 tablespoons green onions, finely chopped (including the green tops)
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 lime, juice of
- Combine all ingredients in a nonreactive bowl.
- Allow to sit for at least an hour (preferably 2 or more) before serving to let the flavors "marry".