Prep 10 mins
Cook 50 mins
Lovely served on toast or as a fill for cakes
- Preheat oven to 100°C.
- Place mango pulp and juices into a large pan over low heat and simmer for 10-15 minutes or until most of the liquid has evaporated.
- Meanwhile spread the sugar on a large baking tray, place in the oven and warm for 5 minutes.
- Blend or sieve the mango mixture, then return to the pan.
- Stir in the warmed sugar and cook gently over low heat until the sugar has dissolved.
- Increase the heat to medium and cook, stirring occasionally to prevent catching, for up to 30 minutes or until mixture is thick.
- Spoon the mixture into clean, sterilised jars. Cover and seal.
- Mango mixture will keep in the fridge for up to 3 weeks.
I took this for Adopt-a-Tag. I did double the recipe accept I dropped the sugar and left the OJ at 115ml. I'm diabetic and I found this to be great without the additional sugar. I have everything I needed growing in my yard. The Mangos I harvested several months ago, sliced and froze them. Oranges are currently in season. This was excellent on pancakes. The Mangos and Oranges had sufficient natural sweetness that I didnt miss the sugar. Thank you Jewelies.