Want to Dance!!!!!!!! You can also use it as a dip for tortilla chips, place on a bed of greens,top grilled fish, pork or chicken or spread on softened cream cheese for a cracker spread.
- 2 fresh mangoes, diced
- 1⁄4 cup crushed pineapple
- 1⁄4 red bell pepper, coarsely chopped
- 1⁄4 green bell pepper, coarsely chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced finely (optional)
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced finely
- 1 shallot, finely diced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro, or parsley or 2 tablespoons parsley
- 2 teaspoons fresh lime juice, or lemon or 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional)
- salt and pepper (to season)
- Mix together all ingredients in a bowl.
- Serve with chips or over grilled tuna, salmon, chicken or pork!
this is delicious and very refreshing. i did cut the oil down to 1 tsp, i usually omit it from salsas, and i substituted fresh basil for the cilantro- the fresh ingredients this time of year are marvelous!
Vehicle? -who needs chips or fish --a spoon worked for me ;) Thank you for sharing -delicious
Delicious! The only change I made was to use red onion instead of shallots and serrano chilies instead of jalapenos because they are hotter. Thank you for this great recipe!