Recipe by Manami
Fresh passion fruit is best for this punch; however, if that's hard to find, frozen purée or bottled nectar may be used instead. Mango purée also may be substituted for fresh mangoes. Saveur Magazine, August/07. Just imagine yourself on the beach with the hot sand, the wind blowing in your hair and not a care in the world.
- 2 large ripe mangoes or 2 cups mango puree
- 2 cups passion fruit puree or 2 cups passion fruit nectar
- 2 ripe bananas, peeled
- 1⁄2 cup good-quality rum (Bacardi)
- orange slices or lime slices or kiwi fruits or sugar cane
Directions See How It's Made
- Peel ripe mangoes and remove flesh from flat, oval seeds with a sharp knife.
- Cut flesh into cubes and transfer to a blender.
- Add passion-fruit purée or nectar, bananas and rum to blender and blend to a chunky purée, about 30 seconds.
- Pour into four 12-oz. glasses.
- Garnish each with an orange slice or lime slice or kiwifruit or sugar cane, if you like.