Recipe by chriswalnum
Sweet and a little bit spicy, this sauce makes a fantastic topping for Asian-inspired dishes such as panko breaded chicken.
- 1 mango (peeled)
- 11 ounces mandarin oranges in juice
- 4 maraschino cherries, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger (minced)
- 1⁄4 cup ketchup
- 1⁄4 cup rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 3 ounces pineapple juice
- 1⁄2 cup dark brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon five-spice powder
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1⁄4 cup water
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine peeled mango, mandarin oranges, pineapple juice, and half the pear juice from the mandarin orange can in a blender and puree.
- Discard the remaining juice from mandarin orange can.
- Once well blended combine all ingredients in a sauce pan and heat over medium-high heat, stirring constantly for 3-4 minutes.
- Slowly stir in corn starch and water (combined) until desired consistency is reached.