Prep 25 mins
Cook 5 mins
Another delight from the Thursday magazine!
- 4 ripe mangoes
- 2 cups milk
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 3 -4 drops vanilla essence
- 4 teaspoons gelatin
- 100 ml water
- 3 -5 walnuts, for garnishing
- Peel the mangoes.
- Remove pulp, pour into a mixer bowl.
- Add milk, salt, sugar and essence.
- Blend till smooth.
- To melt the gelatin, sprinkle it over hot water in a small bowl.
- Stir constantly until completely dissolved.
- Mix the gelatin-water mixture with the mango mixture.
- Pour into 4 small bowls.
- Refrigerate until set.
- Garnish with walnuts before serving.
- Enjoy it on a hot summer afternoon!
I took Kana's advice and pureed and strained the fibres out. The result was silky smooth. We ate this with plain yoghurt and a sprinkling of chopped pecan nuts. Enjoyed this a lot.
This was yummy. Very kid-friendly! I think that I will puree in a food processor next time and then strain to get rid of the stringy fibers.