Recipe by WaterMelon
This recipe is adapted from "Crazy Plates" cookbook. It's easy, low fat and delicious! I served it with Sharon123's Teriyaki Rice Wedges #68648. Give it a try! Prep time includes marinating time.
Top Review by Abby Girl
I served chicken thighs with this marinade and it went over very well! Perfect for OMAC. I used my own apple and mango chutney... used a stick blender to puree it a bit and added about 1 tsp of sesame oil. I would do this one again!
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (approx 120g or 4oz)
- 2 tablespoons mango-pineapple preserves (no sugar added variety)
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- ground black pepper
- 3 -5 drops sesame oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix all ingredients except the chicken breasts in a small non-reactive bowl.
- Stir until sugar is dissolved.
- Place chicken breasts in a small ziploc bag, pour the marinade into the bag.
- Marinate meat in the fridge for approx 2 hours.
- Heat a lightly oiled skillet (medium hot).
- Pan-fry the chicken breasts for about 5 minutes per side, until chicken is no longer pink.
- Brush chicken with marinade a few times before turning (turn only once).
- Serve immediately.
- May substitute honey for the brown sugar, if you prefer a honeyed chicken.
- You may also grill the chicken over medium hot coals, basting often with leftover marinade.
- If desired, you can make a sauce using the marinade- simmer gently with a bit of cornstarch to thicken.