Prep 2 hrs
Cook 15 mins
This recipe is adapted from "Crazy Plates" cookbook. It's easy, low fat and delicious! I served it with Sharon123's Teriyaki Rice Wedges #68648. Give it a try! Prep time includes marinating time.
- Mix all ingredients except the chicken breasts in a small non-reactive bowl.
- Stir until sugar is dissolved.
- Place chicken breasts in a small ziploc bag, pour the marinade into the bag.
- Marinate meat in the fridge for approx 2 hours.
- Heat a lightly oiled skillet (medium hot).
- Pan-fry the chicken breasts for about 5 minutes per side, until chicken is no longer pink.
- Brush chicken with marinade a few times before turning (turn only once).
- Serve immediately.
- May substitute honey for the brown sugar, if you prefer a honeyed chicken.
- You may also grill the chicken over medium hot coals, basting often with leftover marinade.
- If desired, you can make a sauce using the marinade- simmer gently with a bit of cornstarch to thicken.
I served chicken thighs with this marinade and it went over very well! Perfect for OMAC. I used my own apple and mango chutney... used a stick blender to puree it a bit and added about 1 tsp of sesame oil. I would do this one again!
I wish I could give this recipe 6 stars! I could not find the Mango-Pineapple preserves either, so instead I pureed a can of Dole tropical fruit with fresh mango slices. It did the job quite well! I marinated it for about 6 hours. The taste though was out of this world. I never thought it, but the mango compliments the curry perfectly! The biggest compliment though was that my picky eaters (3 and 4) ate an entire chicken breast between the two of them! Victory!
This chicken was delicious! I had a hard time finding Mango-pineapple preserves, so I used some I found at Cost plus called three fruit preserves. It had mango, pineapple and passion fruit. It was very good. The chicken was moist and had a very good flavor. I think next time I will marinate overnight and see if it intensifies the flavor a bit. It did take a bit longer to cook than was written. I will probably pound the breasts slightly next time. I served with steamed broccoli, coconut rice #79436, and fresh cantalope. Yum! Definately a keeper.