Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is a dense, deliciously spicy fruit bread! Because of the mango chunks, slicing can be difficult so I usually cut the bread in half lengthwise and then cut horizontally into "bars" much like brownies. The apricots complement the mango, and the walnuts and coconut add texture.
- 236.59 ml flour
- 4.92 ml baking soda
- 1.23 ml salt
- 4.92 ml cinnamon
- 59.16 ml softened butter
- 59.16 ml vegetable oil
- 177.44 ml white sugar
- 1 egg
- 2.46 ml vanilla extract
- 1 large mango, peeled and chopped
- 59.14 ml minced dried apricot
- 59.14 ml chopped walnuts
- 59.14 ml shredded coconut
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Lightly grease a 9x5-inch loaf pan.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, baking soda, salt and cinnamon.
- In another bowl, beat together the butter, oil and sugar until light and fluffy (sometimes I just do this by hand instead of using the mixer; the mixture is less airy, and the bread becomes more dense and rich).
- Stir in the egg, then the vanilla.
- Blend this mixture into the flour mixture.
- Now fold in the mango, apricots, walnuts and coconuts; do not overmix.
- Pour batter into prepared loaf pan, then bake in preheated oven for 50 to 60 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.