Recipe by Chrissyo
The yield will depend on the size of the jars being used. This is a great chutney for cold meats.
- 2 2⁄3 cups brown sugar
- 2 1⁄2 cups white vinegar
- 2 large green mangoes, peeled,seeded and finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon fresh gingerroot, peeled and finely chopped
- 6 cloves garlic, crushed
- 125 g dates, seeded and chopped
- 1⁄2 cup sultana
- 1⁄2 cup raisins (mixed together to make one cup)
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine sugar and vinegar in a heavy- based saucepan and stir until sugar is dissolved.
- Bring to the boil and add all the remaining ingredients.
- Bring back to the boil, reduce heat and simmer until the chutney is very thick (about 1 1/2 hours).
- Pour into sterilised jars.
- Seal with sterilised lids and store in a cool place.