Prep 10 mins
Cook 3 hrs
A very tender and melt in your mouth way to do the back ribs. The recipe calls for fruit in the process and will then make a delicious sauce for dipping after.
- 3 large pork baby back rib racks
- 1 1⁄2 cups dark beer
- 1⁄3 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄3 cup soya sauce
- 1 mango, peeled and diced
- 1 peach, peeled and diced
- 1 large orange, juice of
- 1 lime, juice of
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons ginger, peeled and chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon hot pepper flakes
- 1⁄4 cup favorite barbecue sauce (optional)
- combine all of the ingredients in a blender (except ribs or barbeque sauce) blend together until consistent.
- once blended cut ribs in half racks and place ribs in a large ziploc bag or roasting pan and cover the ribs with the marinade for 3 hours or overnight.
- pre heat oven at 250 degrees and bake ribs for 2 hours in the marinade.
- after 2 hours remove ribs and place marinade in a sauce pan on medium low heat to reduce by half (add bbq sauce at this point) stir regularly.
- 2 options at this point my favorite is to take the baked ribs and bbq them brushing the ribs with the reduced sauce.
- second option is to place the ribs back in the oven at 350 degrees for 20 minutes brushing the ribs with the reduced sauce.
- serve them up and wow.