Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Quick, yummy dessert that is made the day before it's needed so it's great for casual dinners. Lots of orangey flavor in this one. I found this recipe in an old Sunset recipe cookbook.
- 1 (3 ounce) package orange gelatin
- 3⁄4 cup hot water
- 1 (6 ounce) can frozen orange juice
- 1 pint vanilla ice cream
- 1 (11 ounce) can mandarin oranges, drained
- Dissolve gelatin in water and add frozen orange juice.
- Allow ice cream to stand at room temperature until soft enough to stir; combine with gelatin mixture.
- Add mandarin oranges and spoon into a 1-quart mold; refrigerate overnight.