Prep 20 mins
Cook 4 hrs
From Light & Tasty magazine...submitted by R. Heimerl. I love - just love - this salad! I've served it many times for lunch buddies! The dressing is what makes this dish! I hope you enjoy it too! **Time: allow 1-2 hours of time to marinate chicken and then afterwards another 1-2 hours to chill chicken after cooking. I like to cook the chicken the day before so the salad itself is easy to throw together.***
- 453.59 g boneless skinless chicken breast, cubed
- 59.14 ml low-sodium teriyaki sauce
- 1892.72 ml mixed salad greens, torn
- 2 (623.68 g) can mandarin oranges, drained well
- 2 large carrots, shredded
- 118.29 ml almonds, slivered and toasted
- 44.37 ml green onions, sliced very thin
- 29.58 ml white wine vinegar or 29.58 ml cider vinegar
- 29.58 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 14.79 ml low sodium soy sauce
- 9.85 ml sugar
- 2.46 ml ground ginger
- 1.23 ml salt
- 1.23 ml pepper (or to taste)
- In a zippered plastic bag (gallon size), combine the chicken and teriyaki sauce. Seal the bag, turn to coat and refrigerate for 1-2 hours to marinate.
- Drain and throw away the marinade and place chicken cubes into a large skillet that has been sprayed with non-stick spray.
- Cook chicken for 5-7 minutes over a medium-med. high heat, stirring often until it is cooked through (180 degrees F).
- Refrigerate chicken until chilled (about 2 more hours).
- In a large bowl, combine the salad ingredients along with the prepared chicken.
- In a large jar with a tight lid, combine the dressing ingredients and shake well.
- Drizzle dressing over the salad and toss salad to coat.
LOVE IT! I didn't have any teriyaki sauce so I mixed up a little marinade myself- olive oil, soy sauce, garlic, ginger, and pineapple juice. It turned out really good and I have made it a couple of times. I am going to make it tonight actually.
What a wonderful salad. I followed your advice and made the chicken the day before. Imagine my surprise when I got home from work and started making my salad only to find out that my DBF took the chicken to work for lunch! The salad was wonderful even without the chicken because the dressing is so flavorful and the orange, almonds, and onions offer a variety of textures and crunch. Made this to thank our dear PAC Host HQ!