Recipe by HokiesMom
From Light & Tasty magazine...submitted by R. Heimerl. I love - just love - this salad! I've served it many times for lunch buddies! The dressing is what makes this dish! I hope you enjoy it too! **Time: allow 1-2 hours of time to marinate chicken and then afterwards another 1-2 hours to chill chicken after cooking. I like to cook the chicken the day before so the salad itself is easy to throw together.***
Top Review by Chocolate milk rocks
LOVE IT! I didn't have any teriyaki sauce so I mixed up a little marinade myself- olive oil, soy sauce, garlic, ginger, and pineapple juice. It turned out really good and I have made it a couple of times. I am going to make it tonight actually.
- 453.59 g boneless skinless chicken breast, cubed
- 59.14 ml low-sodium teriyaki sauce
- 1892.72 ml mixed salad greens, torn
- 2 (623.68 g) can mandarin oranges, drained well
- 2 large carrots, shredded
- 118.29 ml almonds, slivered and toasted
- 44.37 ml green onions, sliced very thin
- 29.58 ml white wine vinegar or 29.58 ml cider vinegar
- 29.58 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 14.79 ml low sodium soy sauce
- 9.85 ml sugar
- 2.46 ml ground ginger
- 1.23 ml salt
- 1.23 ml pepper (or to taste)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a zippered plastic bag (gallon size), combine the chicken and teriyaki sauce. Seal the bag, turn to coat and refrigerate for 1-2 hours to marinate.
- Drain and throw away the marinade and place chicken cubes into a large skillet that has been sprayed with non-stick spray.
- Cook chicken for 5-7 minutes over a medium-med. high heat, stirring often until it is cooked through (180 degrees F).
- Refrigerate chicken until chilled (about 2 more hours).
- In a large bowl, combine the salad ingredients along with the prepared chicken.
- In a large jar with a tight lid, combine the dressing ingredients and shake well.
- Drizzle dressing over the salad and toss salad to coat.