Prep 5 mins
Cook 40 mins
A quick and delicious recipe from the TOH boards. Num!
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) package yellow cake mix
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 (11 ounce) can mandarin orange segments
- 1 (8 ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1 (20 ounce) can crushed pineapple with juice
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) package vanilla instant pudding mix
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Grease and flour a 9x13 inch pan.
- In a large bowl, combine cake mix, eggs, oil and mandarin oranges with juice.
- Beat until smooth.
- Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 35 to 40 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean.
- Allow to cool.
- To make the topping: In a large bowl, beat together whipped topping, pineapple with juice and dry pudding mix until blended.
- Spread on cake.
I first got this recipe off tnn tv about 15 yrs ago.It is my favorite cake.I always make in two round layers and the cake is best when it has been refrigerated overnight.That makes it real moist.Just lightly cover with plastic.The frosting is what really makes the cake.I usually use white cake mix,but any is ok.