Prep 5 mins
Cook 2 hrs
This is another fruit smoothie recipe I have collected in my attempt to find dairy free smoothies. This one sounds really good. It takes a bit of preparation but you could easily do the prep the night before and just blitz it up in the morning. I found this in the instruction booklet that came with my Kenwood smoothie maker.
- 2 1⁄2 ounces dried apricots
- 10 fluid ounces white grape juice, chilled
- 14 1⁄2 ounces mandarin oranges in juice, drained
- Roughly chop the apricots and place in a bowl.
- Pour over the grape juice.
- Cover and chill for 2 hours, or overnight if preferred.
- Put the apricots and grape juice into the blender or smoothie maker.
- Add the mandarin segments.
- Blend for about 40 seconds or until it is the consistency you require.
- Serve in chilled glasses.
Made this twice, once with the listed ingredients, & once with my pretty standard vanilla yogurt added! Both are very nice, & although I prefer the latter version, I DO UNDERSTAND your desire for dairy-free smoothies ~ I have friends who are ALWAYS on the lookout for sucy recipes! The one things I did differently was to partial freeze the drained mandarin oranges to give it MORE of a chill! Still this makes an OUTSTANDING smoothie & one worth adding to my smoothie keepers! [Made & reviewed as a kidnapped recipe in the Aus/NZ Recipe Swap #16]
This was quite different and very good! I LOVED the flavor of the mandarin oranges in there. I made half WITH some vanilla yogurt added, too...and those the kids liked better than without the yogurt. I also added a dash of "orange" flavoring to tweak the flavor of orange somewhat. *Made for Aus/NZ Swap March 08*