Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
This quick salad is from buffet at the Mandalay Bay Hotel in Las Vegas, Nevada.
- 473.18 ml cantaloupe, diced into 1 inch cubes
- 1 cucumber, peeled seeded and cut into bite-size chunks
- 1 carrot, shredded
- 2 (453.59 g) can pineapple chunks, well drained
- 1 large head butter lettuce, separated washed and patted dry
- 1 ripe banana, cut into 1/2 inch thick slices
- 118.29 ml roasted salted cashews
- 59.14 ml packed mint leaf, thinly sliced
Sweet Chili-Lime Dressing
- 118.29 ml vegetable oil
- 78.07 ml chili sauce (Kikkoman Thai Style)
- 7.39 ml lime zest
- 59.14 ml fresh lime juice
- 59.14 ml honey
- 2.46 ml salt
- Combine cantaloupe, cucumber, carrot and pineapple in large serving bowl; cover and chill 1 hour.
- Combine dressing ingredients in jar with screwtop lid. Cover and shake until well blended; refrigerate.
- To serve, line 6 individual salad plates with equal amounts of lettuce.
- Add banana, cashews and mint to cantaloupe mixture.
- Shake dressing; pour 1/4 cupful over fruit mixture and toss gently to coat all pieces. Spoon 1 cup fruit salad into center of each lettuce-lined plate.
- Serve with additional dressing as desired. (Refrigerate any remaining dressing up to 1 week.).