Recipe by Derf
Delictiable pastries, light and flaky! Adapted from Canadian Living mag.
Top Review by jenpalombi
Amazing! My pickiest eater knocked back 5 of these puffs at dinner tonight. Obviously , the rest of us loved them too. I served them as an entree with a side of Spanish green beans and the whole family requested that I add them to our "favorites" list. Thank you!<br/>.
- 0.5 (450 g) package puff pastry, thawed
- 3⁄4 cup chorizo sausage, finely chopped, about 3 ounces
- 1⁄2 cup cheese, Manchego (or monterey jack)
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon mild paprika
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 450f degrees.
- On floured surface, unroll pastry. Roll out to approximately a 10 inch square, about 1/4 inch thick. Using a 3 inch round cutter, cut out 16 rounds, gathering and re-rolling scraps as necessary.
- In a bowl , mix chorizo with cheese;.
- place scant 1 tablespoon in center of each round.
- Lightly brush edges with water; fold pastry over to create half moon shapes. Pinch edges to seal.
- Place on parchment paper-lined rimmed baking sheet.
- In a small bowl, whisk together egg, 2 teaspoons water and paprika; brush on tops of puffs.
- Bake on center rack of 450f degree oven, 10 to 12 minutes until golden.