Delictiable pastries, light and flaky! Adapted from Canadian Living mag.
Make and share this Manchego Chorizo Puffs recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 450f degrees.
- On flowered surface, unroll pastry. Roll out to approximately a 10 inch square, about 1/4 inch thick. Using a 3 inch round cutter, cut out 16 rounds, gathering and rerolling scraps as necessary.
- In a bowl , mix chorizo with cheese;
- place scant 1 tablespoon in centre of each round.
- Lightly brush edges with water; fold pastry over to create half moon shapes. Pinch edges to seal.
- Place on parchment paper-lined rimmed baking sheet.
- In a small bowl, whisk together egg, 2 teaspoons water and paprika; brush on tops of puffs.
- Bake on centre rack of 450f degree oven, 10 to 12 minutes until golden.
Amazing! My pickiest eater knocked back 5 of these puffs at dinner tonight. Obviously , the rest of us loved them too. I served them as an entree with a side of Spanish green beans and the whole family requested that I add them to our "favorites" list. Thank you!<br/>.
I made these as is with some amazing chorizo from the butcher down the street from my house - delicious! Perfect for a football Sunday. I put them out some whole grain mustard as a dipper that made them even better!
I put the filling in the mini phyllo cups. Fantastic!