Recipe by Jellyqueen
My family doesn't really like the traditional fruitcake, but will eat this like crazy. The thing I like most about it is that it freezes really good. You can make it a month in advance, freeze, defrost and serve later. Cook time is actually chill time.
Top Review by atmweave
My mother made this fruitcake every Christmas and we all loved it. So much better than store bought. My mother is gone now and I never got her recipe, so I thank you so very much for this.
- 1 (13 1/2 ounce) box graham cracker crumbs
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
- 1 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1 (10 ounce) containerchopped candied fruit
- 2 (14 ounce) cans sweetened condensed milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix graham cracker crumbs and milk until well blended.
- Add remaining ingredients until well blened.
- Mixture will be very stiff.
- Pack into a Christmas mold, which has been sprayed with oil, or form into logs and wrap with wax paper.
- Cover and keep refrigerated.
- Remove from mold just before serving.