Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
My Mamaw always made this thick heavenly egg nog at Christmas time. She never put alcohol in it, but you could if you wanted. It's so good and rich its like drinking dessert.
- Beat 1/4 cup sugar and egg yolks until light and fluffy.
- Add milk and cook in a doulble boiler until mixture coats a spoon.
- Let cool and chill.
- Add salt to egg whites, beat, gradually adding in 1/4 cup sugar.
- Beat until stiff peaks form.
- Fold egg whites and whipped cream into egg/milk mixture one at a time.
- Add vanilla.
- Chill very well.
- Stir before serving, pour into cups and sprinkle with nutmeg.