Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is my Mom's recipe. When she gave it to me I was shocked that it wasn't more complex. It's what I asked for on every birthday! It is very cheesy!
- 453.59 g ground beef
- 425.24 g can tomato sauce (or homemade sauce if you like)
- 29.58 ml tomato paste
- 453.59 g container cottage cheese or 425.24 g container ricotta cheese, if you like that better
- 1 egg, beaten
- 118.29 ml chopped fresh parsley
- lasagna noodle, uncooked
- 453.59 g package mozzarella cheese
- Brown ground beef in a frying pan.
- Add sauce and tomato paste.
- In a bowl mix cottage cheese with egg, Parmesan cheese, and parsley.
- Cover the bottom of a 9x13 inch pan with a little of the sauce.
- Layer the uncooked noodles, then cottage cheese mixture, then meat sauce, then slices of mozzarella. Do one more layer in the same order.
- Sprinkle top with Parmesan cheese.
- Cover with foil and bake at 350°F for 45 minutes to an hour to make sure noodles are done.
Your Mama and my mama must be about the same age. This is the same that we had when we were little. I asked my mom and she said it was the same. She made it with Ragu sauce and to this day, Ragu is my favorite. Thank you for posting this recipe. I served to my in-laws and they said they loved good lasagna. Very simple and very good.
This recipe definately has potental but the family and I found it dry and lacking sauce, by the time it cooked there was none to be found. I would double the sauce the next time I made it. I did add garlic and basil to the sauce for flavor and added 2 tbsp. of parm. cheese since the recipe did not specify. Thanks for sharing I will retry this recipe again.
We like this and it's easy. My guys are CRAZY about garlic, so they sprinked garlic on it after they tasted it. The second time I added the garlic to the sauce. Thank you for sharing. Dianne