Recipe by ed.wilcox
This has to be one of my most favorite recipes my mother ever made. She baked it on special occasions as a substitute for traditional stuffing. If you like the taste of sweet corn with a spicy kick, you may enjoy this.
- 1 (15 ounce) can cream-style corn
- 1 (5 ounce) can Mexican-style corn
- 8 ounces sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine, melted
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1 (8 1/2 ounce) package Jiffy cornbread mix
- 8 ounces jalapeno jack cheese, shredded
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix eggs, butter, sour cream, and cornbread mix together.
- Pour in both cans of corn.
- Stir in half the cheese.
- Pour into a baking pan or casserole dish.
- Bake at 350F for 30 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and sprinkle the remaining cheese on top.
- Bake until the cheese has melted and the center of the casserole is solid.