Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is from my late mother's recipe collection. She made this every Saturday morning for breakfast, and sometimes during the week, too. The pancakes melt in your mouth, and I've added a lower fat spin to the recipe by using fat-free buttermilk. Try them, you won't be disappointed!
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 beaten egg
- 1 cup fat-free buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- In medium bowl, stir the dry ingredients with a fork. Make a well in the center, set aside.
- In another bowl, combine egg, milk, and cooking oil.
- Add wet mixture to the dry ingredients. Stir until moistened, the batter will have small lumps.
- Pour 1/4 cup batter onto hot, lightly greased griddle (I cook the pancakes on an electric griddle at 350 degrees). Cook about two minutes per side.
Great recipe. I double the recipe cause I wanted to have leftover for the week. And I'm glad I did cause they have a great taste. I topped mines with brown sugar and half and half cream. Yum! Thanks Layla Noel :) Made for New Kids on the Block tag game