Recipe by crazycookinmama
This is an Ortega Recipe. Really quick, and super tasty.
Top Review by Galley Wench
So simple and very tasty! I cut the recipe done for two. Instead of canned green chilies, I substitued roasted poblano (diced) and used left over fresh sweet corn! Also added left over diced chicken to mine (DH doesn't do chicken). My process was a little different; I toasted one side of the tortillas on the griddle, flipped over; then added the filling and folded. Served with fresh salsa. YUM! Thanks for sharing!
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 (4 ounce) can diced green chilies
- 1⁄2 cup whole kernel corn
- 1⁄4 cup sliced green onion
- 10 (6 inch) fajita-size flour tortillas
- chopped fresh cilantro (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine chees,chiles, corn and green onion in medium bowl. Spread 1/3 cup cheese mixture onto oe half of each tortilla; fold tortilla in half.
- Spray large skillet with nonstick cooking spray; place two quesadillas in skillet.
- Cook each side over medium-high heat until golden brown and cheese is melted.
- Repeat with remaining ingredients.
- Cut each tortilla in half.
- Serve with salsa and cilantro.