Prep 5 mins
Cook 45 mins
This one is a family recipe that my wife and I tried to make a little better for us. The sauce is served over warm egg noodles. It is an all-time favorite! Enjoy!
- 1 lb stew meat or 1 lb cubed sirloin steak
- 1 large onion
- 1 (8 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 cup water
- 4 tablespoons warm water
- 8 ounces light sour cream
- 1⁄8 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 cup fresh mushrooms (sliced)
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- In a saucepan, brown meet, adding Worcestershire sauce, onion, and garlic while browning.
- After the meat is browned, stir in cream of mushroom soup, one cup water and mushrooms and bring it to a boil.
- While boiling, mix cornstarch with 4 tbsp warm water.
- After you have reached a boil, add cornstarch/water and sour cream to the mushroom/meat mixture. Reduce heat to low.
- Simmer for at least 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Serve over hot egg noodles.