Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
Yummy, cheese, creamy, potatoes.
- 1 (2 lb) bag southern style hash browns
- 1⁄2 cup melted margarine, divided in two
- 2 (10 3/4 ounce) cans reduced-fat cream of chicken soup
- 1 cup nonfat sour cream
- 1 onion, grated
- 1 (10 ounce) bagshredded 2% cheddar cheese
- 24 low-fat Ritz crackers, crushed
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees.
- In a big bowl, mix sour cream, 1/4 cup margarine, cream of chicken soup, onion and cheese together. Add hashbrowns and mix together completely.
- Pour mixture into a 10x13 inch pan and bake at 350 for 50 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- While that cooks, mix together crushed ritz crackers and 1/4 cup melted margarine.
- After 50 minutes of cooking, take the casserole out of oven and top with the ritz cracker/ butter topping, return to oven for 10 minutes or untill crackers brown.
Definite kid pleaser. Next time I think I might substitue a can of cream of broccoli for chicken.