Recipe by Mama Delilah
All the essential goodness of chicken pot pie without all the hassle. Perfect for a busy work night when you just don't have a second to spare. Quick and delicious, perfect for the family on the go.
Top Review by Suzie
This Pot Pie was fast and easy, and I love that it was done on the stove instead of "chucking" everything in a slow cooker. You could really get creative with this recipe, and... it serves as a yummy base for some of your favorite herbs/spices. The sodium content is off the charts but...like I said, you can be creative by using low sodium and frozen ingredients. Thanks Mama "D" for sharing. P.S. Your baby is BEAUTIFUL. CONGRATS!
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, medium dice
- 2 (15 ounce) cans mixed vegetables, undrained
- 1 (8 ounce) can peas, drained
- 2 (10 3/4 ounce) cans cream of chicken soup
- 1 (16 ounce) package buttermilk biscuit mix, usually produces about 6-8 biscuits
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown chicken in large skillet.
- Add mixed vegetables, peas and cream of chicken soup to skillet. Stir to combine.
- Heat on medium high until bubbling slightly, then reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes.
- While chicken and vegetable mixture is simmering, mix and bake buttermilk biscuits according to package directions.
- Serve chicken and vegetable mixture over biscuits.