Prep 0 mins
Cook 10 mins
Lovely served tartare sauce or a tangy sauce.
- 2 cups oil
- 20 squid rings
- 4 tablespoons plain flour
- 1⁄2 cup beer
- extra flour, in which to roll calamari
- Heat the oil until hot in deep fry pan.
- Roll the calamari in flour then make a light batter with the four tablespoons of flour and half a cup of beer.
- The batter mixture should be thin. Dip each calamari ring into the batter. Place a few rings at a time into the very hot oil. The calamari will become golden very quickly. It only takes seconds to cook.
- If you overcook it will become very tough. Remove from oil and drain on absorbent paper or newspaper.