Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
A nice drink to warm you up on a cold winter day or night. (Please note, this recipe has corrections to the recipe that was originally posted as "Malted Almon Hot Chocolate" which seems to come up with a page error.)
- 4 cups milk (I like to use non homogenized)
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 -4 tablespoons confectioners' sugar (depending on how sweet you like your whipped cream)
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1⁄3 cup instant malted milk powder
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons almond extract, divided
- extra malt drink powder (to garnish)
- In a large saucepan, heat milk over medium heat until it begins to form bubbles around the edge of the pan.
- While milk is heating, beat cream in a chilled bowl until it begins to thicken. Add sugar and 1/2 teaspoons of almond extract and beat until soft peaks form.
- Whisk chocolate chips and malted milk powder into the milk and continue to stir until chocolate is melted.
- Remove from heat and whisk in the vanilla and remaining teaspoons almond extracts.
- Pour into mugs, spoon whipped cream over each, and sprinkle with a little malt powder.