Chef Buggsy Mate's Note:
A nice drink to warm you up on a cold winter day or night. (Please note, this recipe has corrections to the recipe that was originally posted as "Malted Almon Hot Chocolate" which seems to come up with a page error.)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 cups milk (I like to use non homogenized)
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 -4 tablespoons confectioners' sugar (depending on how sweet you like your whipped cream)
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup instant malted milk powder
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 teaspoons almond extract, divided
- extra malt drink powder (to garnish)
- 1In a large saucepan, heat milk over medium heat until it begins to form bubbles around the edge of the pan.
- 2While milk is heating, beat cream in a chilled bowl until it begins to thicken. Add sugar and 1/2 teaspoons of almond extract and beat until soft peaks form.
- 3Whisk chocolate chips and malted milk powder into the milk and continue to stir until chocolate is melted.
- 4Remove from heat and whisk in the vanilla and remaining teaspoons almond extracts.
- 5Pour into mugs, spoon whipped cream over each, and sprinkle with a little malt powder.
Browse Our Top Non-Alcoholic Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Non-Alcoholic Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Malted Almond Hot Chocolate
Serving Size: 1 (299 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 5
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 553.1
- Calories from Fat 314
- Total Fat 34.9 g
- Saturated Fat 21.7 g
- Cholesterol 100.2 mg
- Sodium 184.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 48.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 31.6 g
- Protein 11.5 g