In Kismayo, Somalia, we eat malai (fish) with a salad and a kind of bread called mufo, a dense, tart and chewy cornmeal-based flatbread, which is similar to pita bread or Indian naan bread.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 11. Mix ground cumin, crushed garlic, salt, lemon and vinegar to make a marinade for the fish.
- 22. Marinate the fish for 30 minutes.
- 33. Heat the olive oil in a frying pan on medium heat.
- 44. Fry the fish for about two minutes or until brown. Flip and cook the other side for another two minutes.
- 55. Remove the fish and place them on a piece of paper towel. This will remove excess oil.
- 6Malai Kismayo goes beautifully with a fresh salad.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Malai Kismayo (Fried Fish Kismayo Style)
Serving Size: 1 (256 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 271.0
- Calories from Fat 22
- Total Fat 2.4 g
- Saturated Fat 0.4 g
- Cholesterol 137.5 mg
- Sodium 197.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 1.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 57.4 g