Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 hr 15 mins
A lighter version of Butter Roasted Chicken.
- 1 (2 1/2 lb) broiler or 1 (2 1/2 lb) broiler-fryer chickens, cut up and skin removed
- 1⁄2 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon margarine
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Place chicken in an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. x 2-in. baking dish. Combine the remaining ingredients in a small saucepan; bring to a boil. Remove from the heat and pour over chicken. Cover and bake at 325° for 1 to 1-1/4 hours or until juices run clear, basting occasionally.
I used Sysco chicken base and a little more lemon to cut the salt in the base and 1/2 tsp salt and this was mouth watering excellent.It is so good I am going to bake two and then Double wrap & freeze. The flavor will make excellent slices and meat for any other meals for my hubby.