1/1 Photo of Makedonska Brzola (Pork Stuffed With Cheese)
Member #610488's Note:
Grandmother's recipe box yielded this one. The Balkan Grill Restaurant in Vienna, Austria is where this dish is from. I would say that Makedonska probably means Macedonia in Slavic language. The cheese used in the original recipe is Kaskaval which is similar to Mozzarella. If you can find it, I recommend using it.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 slice lean pork, 5-6 inches square, thin slices
- 4 slice mozzarella cheese, thin slices
- 59.16 ml pepperoni, minced
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1On one half of each slice of pork lay a slice of cheese, allowing enough meat (about 1/2 inch) on the outside to run a skewer (for grilling) or toothpick (for broiling) through it later.
- 2Top each with a tablespoonful of the minced pepperoni and fold over the other half of the pork and close with skewer or toothpick.
- 3Sprinkle both sides with salt and pepper and grill over hot fire or grill in the broiler at 450F, 5 min on each side.
- 4Serve with garlic sauce, made by boiling minced cloves of garlic in beef broth which has been seasoned with salt and pepper.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Makedonska Brzola (Pork Stuffed With Cheese)
Serving Size: 1 (92 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 94.5
- Calories from Fat 59
- Total Fat 6.6 g
- Saturated Fat 3.8 g
- Cholesterol 23.0 mg
- Sodium 324.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 1.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.3 g
- Protein 7.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: