Prep 10 mins
Cook 2 mins
Cheaper healthier oatmeal packets.
- 3 cups rolled oats or 3 cups old-fashioned oatmeal
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 cup dried blueberries
- 1⁄2 cup Splenda sugar substitute
- 1⁄2 cup nonfat dry milk powder
- Put 1 cup oats in a blender or food processor and blend on high until powdery.
- Put the following ingredients into each of 8 Ziplock baggies: 1/4 cup whole rolled oats, 2 tablespoons powdered oats, 1/8 teaspoons salt, 1/8 teaspoons cinnamon, 1 T dried blueberries, 1 T Splenda, 1 T non fat dried milk.
- To Serve: Empty packet into bowl, add 1 c hot water, stir, microwave on high 1 minute, stir, microwave 30 seconds, enjoy!
Just like the stuff at the store but MUCH cheaper! I make a big batch once in awhile, keep some at my desk at work, and give it to the kids for breakfast. Delicious!!
Made this a few weeks ago and have kept it on my desk at work. I followed the recipe exactly as written and have enjoyed this many mornings. Made for Spring PAC 2010.
Since there are usually 2 of us here for breakfast, I doubled the amounts per bag in step 2 & that worked out great! Another time, though, I want to double or triple the amount of berries in each packet! Thanks for sharing the recipe! [Made & reviewed in New Kids on the Block tag]