1/2 Photos of Make-Two Macaroni and Cheese
From the Houston Chronicle, in response to a reader request. Very basic mac and cheese with mild flavor. When baked, the top gets nice and crunchy. Perfect for OAMC as directions for baking from frozen are included. Also very economical. I usually keep several foil pans of this in my freezer and throw one in the oven when roasting a chicken for a super easy meal. I like extra cheese on top.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- 2Cook macaroni according to package directions. Meanwhile, melt butter in large saucepan or Dutch oven. Whisk in flour, bouillon and dry mustard. Gradually add milk. Cook and stir until bouillon dissolves and mixture thickens slightly. Remove from heat.
- 3Add 2 cups cheese; stir until melted. Stir in macaroni. Turn into two lightly greased 1 1/2 quart baking dishes. Top each with one cup shredded cheese. Bake one dish 20 to 25 minutes or until hot and bubbly.
- 4Cover second dish tightly with aluminum foil; freeze.
- 5To bake frozen macaroni and cheese: Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Bake frozen casserole uncovered one hour or until bubbly and hot in center. (These are the directions in the original recipe; however, I usually bake covered so it won't dry out, then uncover at end to crisp up the top. If you choose to bake covered, allow for extra baking time.).
Browse Our Top Elbow Macaroni Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Make-Two Macaroni and Cheese
Serving Size: 1 (293 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 648.3
- Calories from Fat 302
- Total Fat 33.6 g
- Saturated Fat 20.6 g
- Cholesterol 102.4 mg
- Sodium 674.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 57.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
- Sugars 1.6 g
- Protein 28.2 g