Prep 24 hrs
Cook 0 mins
These are easy to make, try different flavors of cream cheese and use cheddar cheese in place of the mozza! Servings are only estimated, it will depend on the size you shape the balls. These will freeze well for up to 2 weeks!
- 1 (250 g) containerphiladelphia cream cheese spread (use herb and garlic flavour)
- 1 (400 g) packageshredded mozzarella cheese
- 1⁄4 cup finely crumbled cooked bacon
- 2 tablespoons green onions, finely chopped
- 1 pinch italian seasoning
- hot sauce (optional)
- 3⁄4 cup finely ground walnuts
- In a bowl mix together the cream cheese with mozzarella cheese until well blended.
- Add in the crumbled bacon, green onion and pinch Italian seasoning; mix to combine.
- Add in hot sauce to taste (if using).
- Shape the mixture into 40-50 balls (using about 2-3 teaspoons filling).
- Roll into the ground walnuts.
- Place on a plate/s.
- Cover tightly with plastic wrap and chill for 24 hours or freeze up to 2 weeks (defrost overnight in refrigerator before serving).
- Serve on a platter with a long coloured toothpick in the center of each ball.
These were so very easy to prepare and tasted fantastic! I used a pre-shredded 3 cheese blend and followed the recipe exactly. Like another reviewer, I too used pretzel sticks as the toothpick and toasted the nuts. Brought them to a party last weekend and they were the first and only item to completely disappear off the table! Tasted really great with wine too. :) Made for the Cookathon for Kittencal, in John's memory.
These really worked out great as a prepare in advance appetizer. I used some sort of 3 cheese blend shredded cheese. I used a few shots of tabasco sauce. I used mini pretzel sticks as the 'toothpick'. I toasted the chopped walnuts in a dry skillet on the stovetop. That gave the walnuts a very pretty brown color I got many compliments on these when I brought them into work.
Made these for this month's potluck at work and everyone seemed to like them. I was only able to get 25 meatballs at the size I rolled them. I was worried there wouldn't be enough but there were leftovers so not everyone was thrilled with them. I had one and thought it was somewhat tasteless so maybe next time I'll use a sharp cheddar. There will be a next time though as these are very easy to prepare and present extremely well. Thanks Kitten!