Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
These are easy to make, try different flavors of cream cheese and use cheddar cheese in place of the mozza! Servings are only estimated, it will depend on the size you shape the balls. These will freeze well for up to 2 weeks!
Top Review by Hipfan
These were so very easy to prepare and tasted fantastic! I used a pre-shredded 3 cheese blend and followed the recipe exactly. Like another reviewer, I too used pretzel sticks as the toothpick and toasted the nuts. Brought them to a party last weekend and they were the first and only item to completely disappear off the table! Tasted really great with wine too. :) Made for the Cookathon for Kittencal, in John's memory.
- 1 (250 g) containerphiladelphia cream cheese spread (use herb and garlic flavour)
- 1 (400 g) packageshredded mozzarella cheese
- 1⁄4 cup finely crumbled cooked bacon
- 2 tablespoons green onions, finely chopped
- 1 pinch italian seasoning
- hot sauce (optional)
- 3⁄4 cup finely ground walnuts
Directions See How It's Made
- In a bowl mix together the cream cheese with mozzarella cheese until well blended.
- Add in the crumbled bacon, green onion and pinch Italian seasoning; mix to combine.
- Add in hot sauce to taste (if using).
- Shape the mixture into 40-50 balls (using about 2-3 teaspoons filling).
- Roll into the ground walnuts.
- Place on a plate/s.
- Cover tightly with plastic wrap and chill for 24 hours or freeze up to 2 weeks (defrost overnight in refrigerator before serving).
- Serve on a platter with a long coloured toothpick in the center of each ball.