Prep 25 mins
Cook 5 mins
This makes a delicious garlic toast that I make for my family about once a week with spaghetti or a simlar dish. My family of 4 never uses even half a loaf of french bread to make garlic toast, but it is a must have for italian dinners in our house so I came up with this recipe to reduce waste and save me some time. You can't even tell it has been frozen.
- Slice French bread into slices about 3/4" thick. I usually get about 24 slices per loaf.
- If needed soften butter in microwave on low power for 30 - 60 seconds until it is soft enough to mix the seasonings into and spread easily.
- Add remaining ingredients and stir well.
- Spread a little more than 1 tsp of mixture onto each slice of bread.
- Flash freeze the slices layed out flat on cookie sheets in your freezer. (This is important if you freeze them in a stack they are very hard to seperate later.).
- Stack into groups as your family would eat with one meal and wrap in saran wrap. I usually make a package of 6.
- When ready to use bake right from freezer at 350 degrees for 4 - 8 minutes depending on how crispy you like your toast.
- *For an extra sinful garlic toast sprinkle with mozzarella cheese before baking.
Good and easy to make. I followed the recipe other then I cut it in half. We all enjoyed this. Made for Spring PAC 2010.