For Cookie Mix
- 1 cup flour
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon baking soda
- 3⁄8 cup vegetable shortening
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 (8 1/2 ounce) can crushed pineapple, drained
- 1 1⁄4 cups shredded coconut
- maraschino cherry, for garnish
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F Lightly grease baking sheets.
- In a medium bowl, combine 2 cups cookie mix, egg yolks, pineapple, and coconut. Stir until well blended.
- Drop by teaspoonfuls onto prepared baking sheets. Top with maraschino cherries.
- Bake 12-15 minutes or until edges are golden.