Prep 2 hrs 30 mins
Cook 15 mins
Great fun dish to serve at the back yard picnic table - the mess is part of the fun. Cover the table with a couple of layers of newspapers and serve the shrimp as peel-and-eat. And serve crusty bread for sopping up the juices.
- 3 lbs uncooked jumbo shrimp, unpeeled
- 6 ounces unsalted butter
- 12 fluid ounces Italian salad dressing
- 4 fluid ounces fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄2 cup chopped of fresh mint
- 2 tablespoons low-sodium worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon hot pepper sauce
- 4 bay leaves, crumbled
- 2 teaspoons ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt substitute
- Place the shrimp in 13x9x2-inch glass baking dish or casserole.
- Melt the butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat.
- Whisk in the salad dressing, lemon juice, mint, Worcestershire sauce, hot sauce, bay leaves, pepper, and salt.
- Cool the sauce to room temperature; mix into the shrimp.
- Refrigerate for at least 1 hour and up to 3 hours, tossing occasionally.
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Bake shrimp until they are just opaque in the center, about 15 minutes, and serve.