Prep 2 hrs
Cook 3 mins
Last December, my Dad was insistent that we make these doughnuts while I was home visiting for the Christmas season. I was so glad that we did because not only are they delicious but they are part of my family's heritage. These doughnuts are made with potatoes, and my Mom's family the Griffins were potato farmers in Mapleton, Maine. These doughnuts bring me back to my roots :)
- Stir sugar, butter, and mashed potatoes into eggs. Whip until creamy.
- Sift together dry ingredients (a few times).
- Add dry ingredients alternately with milk into egg mixture and mix well.
- Chill 2 hours.
- Roll dough out 1/2 inch thick onto a lightly floured board.
- Cut dough with doughnut cutter and fry into hot oil (365 degrees) for approximately 3 minutes.
- Drain on paper towel and toss doughnuts in a paper bag with sugar.