1/1 Photo of Maine Chocolate Dougnuts
2 hrs 3 mins
Golden Nugget Gourmet's Note:
Last December, my Dad was insistent that we make these doughnuts while I was home visiting for the Christmas season. I was so glad that we did because not only are they delicious but they are part of my family's heritage. These doughnuts are made with potatoes, and my Mom's family the Griffins were potato farmers in Mapleton, Maine. These doughnuts bring me back to my roots :)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Stir sugar, butter, and mashed potatoes into eggs. Whip until creamy.
- 2Sift together dry ingredients (a few times).
- 3Add dry ingredients alternately with milk into egg mixture and mix well.
- 4Chill 2 hours.
- 5Roll dough out 1/2 inch thick onto a lightly floured board.
- 6Cut dough with doughnut cutter and fry into hot oil (365 degrees) for approximately 3 minutes.
- 7Drain on paper towel and toss doughnuts in a paper bag with sugar.
Browse Our Top Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Maine Chocolate Dougnuts
Serving Size: 1 (2680 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 304.8
- Calories from Fat 59
- Total Fat 6.6 g
- Saturated Fat 3.3 g
- Cholesterol 73.9 mg
- Sodium 491.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 55.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 25.4 g
- Protein 6.7 g