Posted here for safekeeping. Although she specified sifted flour, I believe today's flour does not require pre-sifting.
- Place rack in center of oven and preheat oven to 400°F Use a muffin pan with liners or a buttered, nonstick pan (for a better crust).
- Sift together flour, baking powder, salt and sugar in a very large bowl.
- Add blueberries; stir gently to mix.
- In another bowl, beat egg lightly just to mix.
- Add butter, milk and rind. DO NOT OVERMIX.
- Add liquid ingredients all at once to dry ingredients.
- Fold with rubber spatula only a few seconds until dry ingredients are barely moistened. Batter should be lumpy.
- Fill muffin forms 2/3 full.
- Bake 20-25 minutes until golden. Cool in pan 2-3 minutes.
- Then cover with a rack, turn over pan and rack, and remove pan. Turn muffins right side up.