Recipe by coconutty
Posted here for safekeeping. Although she specified sifted flour, I believe today's flour does not require pre-sifting.
Top Review by BecR
Yummy muffins--we really like the flavor combo of lemon with the blueberries!!! Used plumped dried wild blueberries instead of fresh ones, as that is what I had on hand. Also made mini muffins instead of full size-- I baked them at 375 d F and they were done in about 10-11 minutes. The muffins turned blue, but that is probably my fault! These tasted even better the next day! Made for the PAC Spring '08 event--thanks coconutty!!! :D Becky
- 1 cup fresh blueberries, washed and dried
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 medium lemon, zest of, finely grated
Directions See How It's Made
- Place rack in center of oven and preheat oven to 400°F Use a muffin pan with liners or a buttered, nonstick pan (for a better crust).
- Sift together flour, baking powder, salt and sugar in a very large bowl.
- Add blueberries; stir gently to mix.
- In another bowl, beat egg lightly just to mix.
- Add butter, milk and rind. DO NOT OVERMIX.
- Add liquid ingredients all at once to dry ingredients.
- Fold with rubber spatula only a few seconds until dry ingredients are barely moistened. Batter should be lumpy.
- Fill muffin forms 2/3 full.
- Bake 20-25 minutes until golden. Cool in pan 2-3 minutes.
- Then cover with a rack, turn over pan and rack, and remove pan. Turn muffins right side up.