1/1 Photo of Maida Heatter’s Blueberry Muffins
Posted here for safekeeping. Although she specified sifted flour, I believe today's flour does not require pre-sifting.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place rack in center of oven and preheat oven to 400°F Use a muffin pan with liners or a buttered, nonstick pan (for a better crust).
- 2Sift together flour, baking powder, salt and sugar in a very large bowl.
- 3Add blueberries; stir gently to mix.
- 4In another bowl, beat egg lightly just to mix.
- 5Add butter, milk and rind. DO NOT OVERMIX.
- 6Add liquid ingredients all at once to dry ingredients.
- 7Fold with rubber spatula only a few seconds until dry ingredients are barely moistened. Batter should be lumpy.
- 8Fill muffin forms 2/3 full.
- 9Bake 20-25 minutes until golden. Cool in pan 2-3 minutes.
- 10Then cover with a rack, turn over pan and rack, and remove pan. Turn muffins right side up.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Maida Heatter’s Blueberry Muffins
Serving Size: 1 (648 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 126.0
- Calories from Fat 26
- Total Fat 2.9 g
- Saturated Fat 1.6 g
- Cholesterol 24.1 mg
- Sodium 168.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 22.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 9.6 g
- Protein 2.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
lemons, zest of