Recipe by HocoRuco
These cookies are pretty labor intensive but they are so unique and so delicious that it's definitely worth the extra prep time. Prep time includes cooling time in between two bake times.
- 8 tablespoons butter or 8 tablespoons margarine, divided
- 1⁄2 cup sugar, divided
- 1 cup flour
- 1 egg, beaten
- 3⁄4 cup walnuts
- 1 teaspoon almond extract (or vanilla)
- 12 teaspoons fruit jam (apricot or raspberry are best)
Directions See How It's Made
- Spray muffin tin with nonstick spray.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a medium bowl, combine 1/4 cup sugar, flour and 6 Tablespoons butter.
- Press into 12 muffin cups.
- Bake in oven for 10 minutes. Remove from oven and allow to cool. Do not turn oven off.
- When cookies are cool enough, press a hole in the center of each cookie and fill with 1 tsp of jam.
- Prepare streusel topping. In a medium bowl, combine 2 tablespoons butter, 1/4 cup sugar, egg, walnuts and extract.
- Divide streusel evenly among muffin tins.
- Return pan to oven and bake for an additional 20 minutes.
- Edge each tin with knife.
- When cookies are cool, remove from tin.