Prep 25 mins
Cook 10 mins
One of my favorite dishes from my dad, and I don't even particularly like fish!
- 4 mahi mahi fillets
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1 cup flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup parmesan cheese, grated finely
- 1⁄3 cup macadamia nuts, chopped finely
- canola oil
- You'll need 3 plates or shallow pans. In the first, place the flour, salt and pepper, mixed thoroughly. In the second, place your egg, lightly beaten; and in the third place your Parmesan cheese, macadamia nuts and 2 tablespoons of your flour mixture, mixed thoroughly.
- Rinse the mahi mahi in cool water, and pat dry with paper towels.
- Dust lightly in seasoned flour.
- Dip in egg wash.
- Dip in Parmesan and Mac nuts, push in hard with your hand to coat real thick.
- Repeat with each piece of mahi mahi. Let rest for 15 minutes.
- Heat canola oil about 1/2" deep in pan, spit in the pan and when it spits back it's ready (drop a drop of water in pan, when it pops, it's hot enough).
- Pan fry in canola oil on about medium until flaky (about 3 minutes per side if 1" thick but keep checking it don't overcook).
- If making more than one panful, wipe out the pan with paper towel between them and don't crowd.