1/1 Photo of Mahi Mahi Encrusted With Mac Nuts and Parmesan Cheese
One of my favorite dishes from my dad, and I don't even particularly like fish!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1You'll need 3 plates or shallow pans. In the first, place the flour, salt and pepper, mixed thoroughly. In the second, place your egg, lightly beaten; and in the third place your Parmesan cheese, macadamia nuts and 2 tablespoons of your flour mixture, mixed thoroughly.
- 2Rinse the mahi mahi in cool water, and pat dry with paper towels.
- 3Dust lightly in seasoned flour.
- 4Dip in egg wash.
- 5Dip in Parmesan and Mac nuts, push in hard with your hand to coat real thick.
- 6Repeat with each piece of mahi mahi. Let rest for 15 minutes.
- 7Heat canola oil about 1/2" deep in pan, spit in the pan and when it spits back it's ready (drop a drop of water in pan, when it pops, it's hot enough).
- 8Pan fry in canola oil on about medium until flaky (about 3 minutes per side if 1" thick but keep checking it don't overcook).
- 9If making more than one panful, wipe out the pan with paper towel between them and don't crowd.
Browse Our Top Mahi Mahi Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mahi Mahi Encrusted With Mac Nuts and Parmesan Cheese
Serving Size: 1 (285 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 493.5
- Calories from Fat 166
- Total Fat 18.5 g
- Saturated Fat 6.5 g
- Cholesterol 217.4 mg
- Sodium 871.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 26.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 0.8 g
- Protein 53.0 g