Recipe by Marie
I have found all the recipes I have tried from the Magnolia Bakery to be really awesome! These are wonderful served along with brunch or just alone with a good cup of coffee.
- 3 cups flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups unsalted butter, softened
- 2 1⁄4 cups sugar
- 6 large eggs, at room temperature
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 1⁄2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1 1⁄2 cups coarsely chopped pecans (or nut of your choice) or 1 1⁄2 cups walnuts (or nut of your choice)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Grease and flour 18 large muffin cups.
- To make buns:
- In a medium size bowl, combine the flour, baking soda and salt and set aside.
- In a large bowl, on low speed of an electric mixer, cream the butter with the sugar until fluffy, about 3 minutes.
- Add the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Add the dry ingredients alternately with the milk and vanilla, in three parts, beating until well incorporated.
- Spoon the batter into the muffin cups.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until a cake tester inserted into center of bun comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and allow buns to cool for about 30 minutes.
- To make glaze:.
- In a small bowl, stir together the sugar and the water until smooth.
- Drizzle the glaze over the buns and sprinkle generously with chopped nuts.