Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 mins
From Rima Soni's Q & A Trouble Shooter column, Weekend. Why not make this as a gift for someone who needs it? I found this to be really good!
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vinegar, divided
- cold water, as required
- 1 tablespoon black tea
- To treat rough and dry hair, you should make it a point to drink at least 1.5 litres of water per day.
- Brush your hair giving 5-8 strokes, twice, daily.
- Massage your hair using rich oils like coconut, olive or almond oil.
- These are the basic and foremost things you should do.
- In addition to these simple things, prepare a hair mask using the yolk of an egg, honey, olive oil and 1 tsp vinegar.
- Massage onto your scalp and hair.
- Keep it on for 1 hour.
- Rinse off with cold water to which you must add 1/2 tsp vinegar and 1 tbsp
- black tea.
- Do this twice a week for best results.
- Soon your hair will be your crowning glory and all the guys in town will be running behind your crown!
I usually don't like to give bad reviews, but I felt like i had to say something on this post... I have rough, dry hair, so I was really excited to see this recipe. I usually have to use a strong conditioner every day, so I decide to try this instead. My hair is actually worse than it was when I started... I followed it to the letter, but my hair is like straw right now, worse than i've ever seen it... Just a warning - it def doesn't work for everyone! Try it on a day you're staying home to make sure it works!!!
Excellent, this really works, Charishma was right. However, after rinsing, my hair felt coarse, so I used a little shampoo and conditioner to soften it. Did a quick blow dry and wow ... great results. Thank you to all involved.
The oils and cholesterol will help moisturize and smooth the hair but beware people with bleached highlights, silver, and especially platinum hair. The coffee can stain. I have bleached platinum and it will absorb anything with a lot of color staining properties. So just skip the coffee. Other colors of hair it should be great for.