A Messy Cook's Note:
Another one from ye olde recipe box.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Beat butter, brown sugar, soda, and spices with electric mixer on medium speed, until well blended and paler in color.
- 2Beat in molasses and egg (the mixture will look curdled).
- 3Gradually beat in flour on low speed, until just blended.
- 4Cover and chill for 1 hour, or until firm enough to handle.
- 5Put granulated sugar in small bowl; roll dough into balls by tablespoons, and roll in sugar.
- 6Place 1 ½ inches apart on ungreased baking sheets and bake 10-12 minutes at 350, until tops crack but cookies are still soft to touch.
- 7Place baking sheet on wire rack. Immediately press chocolate kiss into the center of each cookie.
- 8Transfer cookies from baking sheet to rack to cool completely; store in airtight container for up to 2 weeks, or freeze for up to 3 months.
Nutritional Facts for Magi’s Turbans
Serving Size: 1 (1288 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 98.8
- Calories from Fat 35
- Total Fat 3.9 g
- Saturated Fat 2.2 g
- Cholesterol 11.3 mg
- Sodium 69.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 9.5 g
- Protein 1.1 g