Prep 30 mins
Cook 10 mins
Another one from ye olde recipe box.
- 3⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon clove
- 1⁄4 cup light molasses
- 1 large egg
- 2 3⁄4 cups flour
- 3⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 56 Hershey chocolate kisses (the Hershey's Hugs, striped white and dark chocolate kisses)
- Beat butter, brown sugar, soda, and spices with electric mixer on medium speed, until well blended and paler in color.
- Beat in molasses and egg (the mixture will look curdled).
- Gradually beat in flour on low speed, until just blended.
- Cover and chill for 1 hour, or until firm enough to handle.
- Put granulated sugar in small bowl; roll dough into balls by tablespoons, and roll in sugar.
- Place 1 ½ inches apart on ungreased baking sheets and bake 10-12 minutes at 350, until tops crack but cookies are still soft to touch.
- Place baking sheet on wire rack. Immediately press chocolate kiss into the center of each cookie.
- Transfer cookies from baking sheet to rack to cool completely; store in airtight container for up to 2 weeks, or freeze for up to 3 months.
I am so Happy I found these! I had the recipe from a cookie magazine a few years ago...Then lost. Thanks Messy Cook!