Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is the perfect way to get the necessary fiber the body needs. (This recipe is from the cookbook "How It All Vegan".)
- 3 cups natural bran
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 cup artificial sweetener
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- 1⁄2 cup oil
- 1 1⁄2-2 cups water
- 1 teaspoon vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup raisins or 1⁄2 cup dates
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, stir together bran, flour, baking soda, and baking powder.
- Add the sweetener, molasses, oil, water, vinegar, and raisins.
- Stir together until just mixed.
- Spoon into lightly oiled muffin tins and bake for 35-45 minutes (use a fork to see if done).