Prep 7 mins
Cook 25 mins
Spiced sweet potatoes or yams, using madras curry powder or garam masala.
Make and share this Madras Sweet Potatoes recipe from Food.com.
- 2 large sweet potatoes or 2 large yams
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon Madras curry powder or 1 teaspoon garam masala
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon honey
- chop sweet potatoes into 1 inch squares.
- steam in steamer basket over medium-low heat for about 20 minutes or until fork tender.
- place in bowl and mash with butter until almost smooth.
- add salt and curry powder. continue to mash until blended.
- add honey to sweeten to your liking.
Yum! Delicious and easy. (Especially since I made DH do the hard labor. ;) )
Delicious! I love sweet potatoes and I love garam masala, but I've never used them together before. Well...I have now! The honey and the wonderful spices in the garam masala really compliment the flavor of the sweet potatoes. My family really loved this dish and I will definitely be making this frequently in the future. Thank you for sharing this wonderful recipe...it is definitely a keeper!
I love sweet potatoes and this reminded me of thanksgiving...in a lower fat way. Yummy!